The port numbers are divided into three ranges:
- The Well Known Ports are those in the range 0–1023. On Unix-like operating systems, binding a communications socket to a port in this range requires administrative privileges or possessing CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE capability.
- The Registered Ports are those in the range 1024–49151.
- The Dynamic and/or Private Ports are those in the range 49152–65535. Randomly chosen port numbers out of this range are called ephemeral ports. These ports are not permanently assigned to any publicly defined application.
This is library of TCP Port Numbers
and UDP Port Numbers
Current service contain the biggest tcp udp port list
. Port search
going through 4 library (database),
total number of records are about 22000 (in 3 times more that in other service).
- IANA port numbers assignments library (database) - The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is responsible for maintaining the official assignments of port numbers for specific uses.
- WIKI port numbers assignments library (database) - Good known wikipedia ports library
- Gasmy library, Beta Library - good known manualy created port databases.
In computer networking, the protocols of the Transport Layer of the Internet Protocol Suite, most notably the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and the User Datagram Protocol (UDP), but also other protocols, use a numerical identifier for the data structures of the endpoints for host-to-host communications. Such an endpoint is known as a port and the identifier is the port number. The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) is responsible for maintaining the official assignments of port numbers for specific uses.